Buy My Book!

Hey 3.5 readers.

BQB here.

Just a regularly scheduled begging session, asking you, my beloved 3.5 readers, to buy my book, “BQB’s Big Book of Badass Writing Prompts.”

It’s 99 cents.  Honestly, other than a trip to the nudey bar, this is the best value you’ll ever get for a dollar.

I mean I don’t want to spell it out, but if you walk up to a nudey bar and wave a single dollar bill around, a stripper will show you her hey-nanner-nanner.  At least, they usually do.  I can’t guarantee they will.

But you’re upstanding citizens who don’t frequent such terrible places.  So check out my fine book.  You know you want it.

Advertisements
Tagged , , , ,

14 thoughts on “Buy My Book!

1. da-AL says:

am reblogging this – hope this helps you out. do you have more books published?

btw – it’s so beautifully done — what was the editing process like? expensive, how to prepare for it, etc?

2. da-AL says:

oh – also, would love to hear about your experience with marketing this one

• Well, I was languishing a long time without getting a book out so I came up with an idea that I thought would be a lot easier. It’s just prompts so there’s no plot to worry about so it was easier to get out there. It was more just for the experience to learn how to self-publish something. Now that I understand more I should be able to get more out this year. It isn’t selling that well because I don’t think people are looking for prompts but who knows, maybe if I get a few more books out people might check it out.

• da-AL says:

tx for reply 🙂

great idea to have it as a ‘self-publishing practice book’! my blog is that for me in terms of learning & amassing (LOL) a following

if you do a post about what you’ve learned, would love to reblog that as well

which package did you go with from 99designs? anything you learned in process about how to describe what you need from them?

also – still would like to know about how editing process went for you with Anita Lovett & Associates – $ & process…

• Oh, what I learned. Maybe it was more just getting things started. Getting my Amazon author page started, getting the book onto Amazon, learning how to do a free promotion, things like that.

I did the $200 ebook package, that’s just for a cover for an ebook. There were more expensive packages ( I think it goes bronze, silver, gold, etc.) The more expensive the package, presumably more experienced designers get involved. I’ve done a few contests at $200 and so far each time got a cover that was sufficient so if you’re on a budget 200 should be fine.

One thing I learned is that on 99 Designs, you’re judging the artists, but they’re also judging you. You get a ranking based on how many successful projects you complete. I cancelled a contest once because I decided I didn’t want to do that book anymore and it took my ranking down. So that’s something to consider – make sure you want to do the book before you put up the contest.

The lower your ranking, they might think you are difficult to work with.

It perturbed me a big because they do say if you aren’t happy with the designs, then you don’t pay. I wonder if it was just because I cancelled the contest before we reached the voting stage. If you reach the voting stage (where all the artists submit and you are asked to pick your favorite that you want) and you decide none of these are what you want and would like a refund, it seems like at that stage it would be fair for them to refund you without hurting your ranking. I don’t know how that works.

Anita was great. I lucked out. I know no other editors and she was the first one I tried and she did a good job so I was pleased to get lucky on my first try.

Price – I don’t know if she’d like me to go into that and perhaps I can’t even because it probably all depends on your project. Generally, I found her reasonable and am going to hire her again this year. I’m sure she’d talk all this out with you. Tell her BQB sent you:

• da-AL says:

thanks very much, BQB – that was very helpful. sorry you learned some things the hard way. much appreciate your sharing your wisdom. considering how many other book writing aspirers there are in blog world, as I said, would love if you’d post about & I would reblog 🙂

3. da-AL says:

ooooh – & pray tell about your cover, ie did you hire someone, etc

4. da-AL says:

Reblogged this on Happiness Between Tails by da-AL and commented:
    Guest Blog Post: “Buy My Book!” in the exact words of Bookshelf Q. Battler

Supporting writers, as well as readers, is a duty! Blogger and book writer Bookshelf Q. Battle has a direct sales pitch…

5. […] A more direct sales pitch has yet to be found than that of blogger and book writer Bookshelf Q. Battle… […]

6. Viola Bleu says:

Hilarious … made me giggle. Is the book as funny?