…and you might remember me from such book blogs as “Bookshelfbattle.com” and “Return to the Valley of Bookshelfbattle.com!”
In honor of the Simpsons Marathon on FXX, “Every Simpsons Ever!” I’m posting the following filmography of everyone’s favorite Hollywood hack, Troy McClure. Voiced by the late, great Phil Hartman, the character was a mockery of celebrities who have fallen from stardom and are forced to take part in lame projects they view as beneath them. In Troy’s case, he was always featured in some movie, film, TV special that was incorporated into the Simpsons’ plot and he’d introduce himself by saying, “Hi I’m Troy McClure! You might remember me from such films as…” and then he’d go on to list two hilariously titled films.
Without further ado:
Hi! I’m Troy McClure! You might remember me from…
1) …such films as “Today We Kill, Tomorrow We Die” and “Gladys the Groovy Mule.”
2)…such educational films as “Smoke Yourself Thin!” and “Get Some Confidence, Stupid!”
3) …such films as “The Greatest Story Ever Hula-ed” and “They Came to Burgle Carnegie Hall!”
4) …such driver education films as “Alice’s Adventures through the Windshield Glass” and “The Decapitation of Larry Leadfoot.”
5) …such cartoons as “Christmas Ape” and “Christmas Ape Goes to Summer Camp”
6) …such educational films as “Lead Paint: Delicious But Deadly” and “Here Comes the Metric System!”
7) …such Fox Network Specials as “Alien Nose Job” and “The Five Fabulous Weeks of the Chevy Chase Show!”
8) …such telethons as “Out with Gout 88” and “Let’s Save Tony Orlando’s House”
9) …such films as “P is for Psycho” and “The President’s Neck is Missing”
10) …such TV spinoffs as “Son of Sanford and Son” and “After Mannix.”
There’s plenty more where that came from. What’s your favorite Troy McClure movie title? Or, for that matter, what’s your favorite Simpsons quote?