Happy Thanksgiving, 3.5 readers.
Here are some things that I, the great Bookshelf Q. Battler, am thankful for:
- That I’m alive. I’ve heard the alternative sucks.
- Technology, and how it’s grown to the point where self publishing is possible. Part of me wishes it was there when I was 20 and able to stay up all night running on nothing but Jolt Cola and blind ambition but oh well, better late than never, right?
- Video Game Rack Fighter. I’ll tell her as soon as she pauses Fallout 4. It’s only been three days. She’ll need a bathroom break sooner or later and…oh, wait. THAT’S why she keeps that jug by the couch.
- Bookshelf Q. Battle Dog – he may not look like much, but he’s devoured over a hundred intruders. How he does it I have no idea, he’s so tiny.
- The Magic Bookshelf – It’s a magic bookshelf. What else can I say?
- Not the Yeti – You suck, Yeti.
- Not Dr. Hugo Von Science – You really let me down when you caused the East Randomtown Zombie Apocalypse. Shame on your sir. Shame.
- The #31ZombieAuthors – Thank you for coming to my aid when I needed your zombie advice. More importantly, thanks for seeing something in me that led you to say to yourselves, “Yeah, sure, this guy who calls himself ‘Bookshelf Q. Battler’ seems trustworthy enough. I’m game for an interview.” Whatever it was about me, my blog, my writing or whatever that convinced you to take a chance on me, thank you. I’ll keep working on being worthy.
- Alien Jones and The Mighty Potentate – Oh Mightiest of Potentates, thank you for sending your emissary, Alien Jones, the Esteemed Brainy One, to help me in my blogging endeavors. May we one day inspire the masses to abandon the menace that is reality television.
- Pop Culture Mysteries – Thank you, Jake and Delilah. I swear, your time is coming ASAP and I will do all in my power to make it awesome.
- Aunt Gertie and Uncle Hardass – You both drive me insane but I know you mean well.
- Bernie “MC Plotz” Plotznick – best of luck in your efforts to go out on your own as a solo Funky Hunk. Honestly, I’m tempted to join you but my 3.5 readers need me. Speaking of..
LAST, BUT NOT LEAST:
- The 3.5 readers – Not gonna lie. I wish there were more of you. Even 30.5 would put a bigger smile on my face. But as long as 3.5 of you keep showing up to read my nonsense every day, I’ll keep churning it out. I couldn’t have done it without you. And I know that one day when I price my book at $3, I can count on you all to show up and send a cool $10.50 my way. That’s dinner for Video Game Rack Fighter and I at Swanky Burger. Not bad. Not bad at all.
Enjoy your day and stuff your pie holes, 3.5 readers. Feel free to tell me what you are thankful for in the comments.