Top Ten Explanations for “The Dress”
2) Same thing but aliens did it instead of the CIA. I will have to consult Alien Jones on this.
3) It’s an ancient Queen’s dress come back to haunt us.
4) It is an intelligence test.
5) It is an illuminati conspiracy to turn us against each other. Where were you on the day the people who saw white and gold separated from the people who saw black and blue?
6) Charlie Sheen found it crumpled up on his floor last night, hanged it up, and posted a pic. Had no idea it would go viral. Winning!
7) It’s a psychology study to see how long we, as a society, are willing to talk about mundane things. Answer – a long time!
8) It is a wearable Rorschach test.
9) If you see white and gold, you are awesome. Thus, proof I am awesome.
10) It is just a dress.
Seriously (or maybe not so seriously), I have long held a theory that perhaps people see things differently. I have wondered – “What if, what I see as blue, other people see as red?” and “What if, when I am talking about something I think is blue, people hear me say, ‘blue’ but they think of what I see as ‘red?'”
To blow your mind more, what if, what I see as people, you see what I believe to be lizards? What if, when you look at a lizard, you see what I would see as a tiny little person walking around on all fours?