Hey 3.5 Readers.
What a great holiday weekend. Got some burgers on the BBQ. Got some brews. Got some Game of Thrones.
SPOILERS! SO MANY SPOILERS!
This show does excel at making you think one thing will happen then something else happens entirely.
- Sam and Gilly – I thought Sam was just going to let Gilly be dissed because he had to attend Maester school and there was nowhere else for the Gillster to go but then out of left field he swipes the family sword. That’ll fetch a pretty penny but they’ll be on the run for the rest of their lives. Still, with so many beautiful power couples on TV, it is nice to see a couple of dorks find love.
- High Sparrow Shenanigans – When the High Sparrow said there wouldn’t be a need for a fight then started looking at Margery ominously, I thought he was going to kill her or something. I’m not sure I understand this “Crown and Church” partnership. I thought they already had one but it sounds like Tommen was talked into sharing more power with the church.
- Bran – Looked like he was about to buy the farm but Uncle Benjen to the rescue. But that the hell? Is it possible to be half a white walker now?
- Arya – Seemed like she was on board for killing Lady Crane but she grew a conscience at the last minute. I’m not sure I understand. I thought the place she was working for was like this band of assassins who assassinate bad people in the name of justice but apparently they can just take jobs to kill people for money for any old reason.
- Khaleesi’s Big Ass Dragon Speech – Daeny is batting a thousand with her crowd inspiring speeches this season.
What say you, 3.5 readers?