It’s the discipline that provides the answers to our most vexing questions about the world we live in. Ironically, with every question scientists answer, new inquiries pop up every day.
Most scientists are reputable members of the community, dedicated to following strict rules and procedures.
However, there are some scientists who dare to dabble in the depths of depravity that few are willing to tread.
As part of his penance for “accidentally” causing a zombie outbreak in East Randomtown last summer, Dr. Hugo Von Science has assisted the Bookshelf Battle Blog in creating this list of the Top Ten Warning Signs Your Boyfriend Might Be a Mad Scientist:
10. Foreplay consists of him dropping his pants and shouting, “IT’S ALIVE…IT’S ALIVE!”
9. His home decor consists of:
- Beakers filled with foaming potions, bubbling brews, and other strange concoctions.
- Giant switches that require you to strain yourself just to flip.
- Tesla coils. So many tesla coils.
8. Wears a white lab coat everywhere. Dinner? Lab coat. The opera? Lab coat. The lab? Lab coat.
7. Never takes his goggles off, even when his eyes aren’t in danger of being stabbed, exploded, poisoned, scratched, electrocuted, or otherwise harmed. You’ve never even seen his eyes before because he was wearing those goggles when you met him.
6. Hobbies include: snorkeling, horseback riding…and threatening world leaders to turn over their treasuries to him lest the world be destroyed by his latest invention.
5. He borrowed your credit card. This month’s bill includes charges for:
- Giant moon laser base
- Enormous Drill Capable of Reaching Earth’s Core
- Nuclear Warheads
- Lab Monkey Food
The moon laser base, enormous drill, and nuclear warheads didn’t strike you as odd but it seemed unusual to you that lab monkey food could be charged to your credit card so easily.
4. His laugh starts out slowly, quietly. Then it builds…and builds…into a maniacal crescendo.
YOU: And then my co-worker Rachel said, “Forget the giblets, I’ll take the whole turkey!”
YOUR MAD SCIENTIST BOYFRIEND: Ha. Haha. Ha ha ha…HA HA…MUAH HA HA HA HA!!!
3. You’ve grown so accustomed to the sound of explosions coming from your basement that you’re able to sleep right through them.
2. Has a well-organized brain collection in his lab. Labels include:
- Monkey brain
- Sheep brain
- Cow brain
- Dog brain
- Cat brain
- Caveman brain
- Alien brain
- Sasquatch brain
- Missing Link Brain
NOTE: We don’t want to tell you how to live your life but it is highly suggested that you run if you ever see a jar marked, “Ex-girlfriend brain.”
- You came across a file on his desk marked, “Build My Own Girlfriend Project.” Realized that might be how you got here. Come to think of it, you don’t have any memories beyond last Tuesday. Decided not to question it.